The EIP+ Management structure is designed to ensure an efficient and effective management of the planned objectives and to best support the different EIP+ Activities Working Groups with an adequate structure.
The EIP+ involves, as partners, European Members States and other European Countries (at their own expense) through the relevant public Road Authorities responsible for ITS deployment. Public and private Road Operators, as well as other relevant stakeholders that are involved in ITS roll-out along and for the European road network, will all be involved through participation in project activities which will allow them to give substantial contribution to the activities and discussion inside the EIP+ with specific roles and tasks.
Relevant “actors” are numerous in the EU and they will work together to address the EIP+ objectives in close linkage with the ITS Action Plan, the EC ITS Directive and the national ITS deployment plans.
Hence the EIP+ Governance and Management deal with:
- Consensus building and the validation of results by the MSs and partners involved in the EIP+.
- A contact point to the European Commission services (mainly DG MOVE and INEA).
- Overseeing the strategic and technical topics that will influence future ITS deployment in Europe (EU Standards, EasyWay Deployment Guidelines etc..).
- The internal information flow and the decision-making processes between Member States according to a timely decisions process.
- The day-by-day management of the EIP+ including an administrative secretariat function to provide the required reporting for EC co-funding (EC Decision) as well as interaction and reporting with the INEA.
To perform the above objectives, the global EIP+ Governance is made up of two levels:
- The EIP+ Project Supervision (EIP+ PS)
- The EIP+ Project Management (EIP+ PM)
EIP+ Project Supervision (EIP+ PS)
The EIP+ Project Supervision is the top-level body that connects the ITS policy of European Union and the Member State partners of the EIP+. The Project Supervision gives guidance to the EIP+ and validates the EIP+ results. It exchanges and discusses national and European ITS strategies and plans among the Member States and identifies common fields of action.
The mandate of the Project Supervision includes the control of decision making about the EIP + with the following aspects:
- High-level Member State cooperation on the policy level
- Strategic contact with the European Commission (mainly DG MOVE)
- Exchange and discuss national and European ITS strategies and plans between the Member States and identify common fields of action
- Facilitate consensus building for further harmonization of ITS services and systems based on the existing specifications/guidelines/knowledge and supplemented by the experiences and results provided by Corridor projects (Works).
- Validation of the technical results provided by EIP+
- Strategic guidance for the EIP+ as well as providing direction to the operational Project Management on the programme execution.
Expected results of this sub-activity are:
- Validation of the technical results provided by EIP+ Working Groups
- Facilitation of consensus building
- Facilitation of a coordinated strategy framework for the ITS community
- Continuation plan for the European ITS Platform after 2015
The EIP+ Project Supervision is composed of one high level delegate per MS/Beneficiary mandated to engage his/her administration, observer Member States, EC DG MOVE and EC INEA and the EIP + Programme Manager with their assistant.
Beneficiaries involved: Germany, Italy, Sweden, Spain, ELSOL (Romania), ITS RO (Romania), RNCMNR (Romania), Portugal, Finland, France, Greece, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland
EIP + Project Management (EIP+ PM)
The mandate of the Project Management Team relates particularly to the "operational management" of the EIP+ and includes the following aspects:
- The overall monitoring of the execution of the EIP+ objectives on the basis of the steering provided by the Project Supervision supported by the EIP+ Activity/sub-activities Working Group
- The provision of recommendations to the Project Supervision on the validation of the EIP+ results
- The overall management, monitoring, quality and risk management of the EIP+
- The operational decisions regarding the project management
- The contact point to the European Commission (mainly INEA)
- The first analysis and quality control of the results coming from the EIP+ Activity/sub-activity Working Groups
- Communication and Public Relations actions
- The internal information flow
Project Management reports to the Project Supervision. Problems and decisions are dealt within the project at the lowest organizational level possible and escalated to a higher level when really needed. Members of the Project Management are the Leaders of the Activities/Sub-activities, they cooperate on a day-to-day basis (e-mail, telephone, etc.).
Within the Project Management Team, a devoted Communication Team will ensure the promotion of project results inside and outside the project community (external communication), mainly through the website and the publication of the main results in a brochure.
At the end of the project (end of 2015) the Project Management, in conjunction with the Communication team and all EIP+ Activity Groups, will organise an international event “EIP+ Forum” where the results of EIP and EIP+ will be gathered and presented.
The EIP+ Project Management is composed of a Project Manager and the Leaders of the different Activities/sub-activities with their assistant.
Leader: Italy (Project Manager and communication)
Finland (Leader of sub-activities 3.1) ;
Germany (Leader of sub-activities 2.1; 2.1 and 4.1)
ITS Romania (Leader of sub-activities 4.2)
Spain; (Leader of sub-activities 4.3)
The Netherlands (Leader of sub-activities 3.2 and 4.4);
UK (Leader Activities 5)